Friday, May 6, 2016

Sending out my fundraising card

I am so excited to tell you about this really cool card I made with my friend Reina! First I drew the Spanish emblem as well as the country of Spain itself. We printed the paper out with just the drawing of the country and my painting on the back. Reina had the emblem made onto a plate which enabled us to be able to print it on a letterpress. A letterpress is a machine that was used for printing books before we could do it digitally. So first we printed the emblem onto the paper. Then, we did typesetting. Typesetting is setting up the letters before printing them on paper. We chose all the letters and laid them out in a chase. A chase is like a metal frame that helps you keep the words straight and keep the letters in place. We placed wood blocks inside the chase so that when we picked it up, all the words would stay in. We them brought it over to the letterpress and printed "Anika's Year In Spain" and "September 2016 - June 2017".  After we made the outside of the card and printed the inside, I stitched them together using a 3 hole pamphlet stitch. I hope you enjoyed getting my card as much as I enjoyed making it!



No comments:

Post a Comment